I want to kiss the scars you hide, caress you from inside, like the sunshine that follows a rainy day. I will make them my lovers, show them with pride to others, I’ll be with you all the way.
The calming dreams you have and then horror comes flooding back, the fists, the words, cutting like knives. I will take them all away (you no longer need to pray) I’ll be inside you everyday.
I want to kiss the scars you hide, caress you from inside, like the sunshine that follows a rainy day. I will make them my brothers and take them from the others, I’ll be with you all the way.
PB (aka TW) Feb. 2014
I found the above words written on a bit of scrap paper. We are all covered in scars, cat scratch, twig scratch, dog nip, fights, electric hand tools, knife slips, broken bottles and broken souls. I would like to point out I am not sad or feeling sorry for myself – I’m interested in the journey. Maybe time to go and record some ‘love songs’… Links below are from Wikipedia and might not work.
- Review in German magazine ‘Epitaph’ 1991, contains list of solo releases from 1988 – 1991 
- Review and interview with the BBC in 2005 about the release of ‘The Sampler No. 05’. There is a link on this page to an audio clip of the interview.
- Review by Mick Mercer:  in 2007
- Review in Grave Jibes Fanzine (Russia) February 2010  pages 64 to 71. This includes an interview and a review of ‘Cassette Culture 1989 – 2009’
- Article on early experiences of home taping  from the ‘The Living Archive Of Underground Music’
- Produced the Finish the Story Track on Gunfire and Pianos (SITU 17) released by ZigZag/Situation Two in 1985
- Engineered and remastered The Dancing Did live tracks on Cherry Red Records’ release And Did Those Feet (cdmred320) 2007
- John Angel sculptor
- Christian Birmingham illustrator.
- Peter Bright artist and musician.
- Julian Dawson singer songwriter author.
- Elaine M. Goodwin author and mosaic artist.
- Diana Jane Howse visual arts specialist and wife of David Lascelles, 8th Earl of Harewood.
- Iain McKell fashion, portrait and social documentary photographer.
- Anthony N. Moore painter.
- Chris Pig printmaker
- Henry Phillips Woodsculptor.
- Kev F. Sutherland comedian and comic strip creator.
- Keith Towler social worker.
- Heather Tweed visual artist.
- Frederick John Widgery landscape artist and mayor of Exeter.