It has been the fashion in recent years for businesses to abandonn direct mail (using the traditional postal mailing service) in favour of online marketing and email campaigns. Companies are however returning to this marketing tool and being more creative using shaped flyers. These not only get the recipents interest, but some businesses are doubling response rates with these shaped mail drops. Maybe art will come through our letter boxes again?
Mailart in many respects pushes the boundaries of what can be considered art, it has a surreal or Dada quality about it. Mail art sometimes reaches the mainstream gallery audiences but never really reaches the greater highs….Read more
Companies that attempt to generate sales entirely through indiscriminate direct mail, cold calling or email campaigns are going to find the going tough. Unique leads for your niche market are the best leads and by targeting the people who really need your product you stand a better chance of getting the positive response you require. It is important to know who your clients are.
- Unsolicited emails (ukgreenhosting.wordpress.com)
- “extended definition of art” (peterbright.info)
- Art by mail or mail art? (sitemaps-xml.com)
- Painting on deep box canvas. £47.08 ($70) (morguegallery.com)
- International Union of Mail-Artists – IUOMA (thiswindow.org)
- Mail Art invented social networks (sitemaps-xml.com)
- Riitta Ikonen: Mail Art (itsnicethat.com)