This was taken with a 35mm Pentax SLR in 1974 and manipulated in the darkroom in Stourbridge College of Art and Design. This reminds me of the simple pleasures I had messing about with making images – it is a shame I have become cynical.
There are millions of ‘Art’ viewpoints; some take a position of extreme difficulty or resistance. This position questions everything and is unforgiving. The principal is that artists should look beyond the superficiality of life and expose the core. They should also look at the superficiality of Art and culture and rip and tear at the flesh of its own conception, rejecting Metaphor, Romanticism etc. etc. By implementing such self imposed draconian measures you may be left with a purity of ideas but that leaves little to create or live for.
Postgraduate Certificate from Wolverhampton University in Painting
BA(hons) degree from Exeter College of Art and Design in Printmaking
- Exeter business – green web deal (sitemaps-xml.com)
- me + Art = Business (m4tr.co.uk)
- The ant and the word bug amused me (peterbright.info)
- Original Framed Painting £40.36 (morguegallery.com)
- New York in black and white: portraits of everyday life in the city from 1936-1951 (telegraph.co.uk)